Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Conquering The World And Beyond, G.I. Joe, the Original Real American Hero

G.I. Joes popularity is unquestionable. By his thirtieth birthday he had battled COBRA, helped expel drugs, saved the environment and helped educated children all over the world. He had survived near extinction due to petroleum costs and rallied back to be the greatest selling action hero in history. One might think it was time for this soldier to retreat from the line of battle and become a boot camp instructor, but not G.I. Joe, he still has battles to win.

With the popularity of G.I. Joe, collectors were everywhere. The action figures were popular not only with kids at the playground, but also with big time collectors who would do anything to get their hands on a 1964 original. In light of the collectors craze, Hasbro introduced the G.I. Joe Classic Collection that was similar to the original toy, but cam with a wide range of authentically detailed military themes and personnel from around the world. These new 12-inch figures include the U.S. Airborne Ranger Parachutist, French Foreign Legion, U.S. Army Infantry, British SAS, and the Australian O.D.F. These figures also came with original hand painted artwork and narrative stories about the missions, history, and contributions of that particular G.I. JOE.

In keeping up with the rules and regulations of the Unites States Armed Forces, G.I. Joe introduced its first G.I. Joe female action figure in 1997. Her name was G.I. Jane. G.I. Jane was not the first female action figure in the G.I. Joe family, she was proceeded by G.I. Nurse who was introduced in 1967, but did not have the appeal of the soldier she would be caring for.

The G.I. Joe Classic Collection kept strong through 1998 when 20 new figures were added to the Collection. Some of these figures included Hollywood Heroes, American Presidents, Army and Navy football players in game uniforms and a Holiday Salute. By this time there were animated cartoons, comic books and even G.I. Joe movies.

G.I. Joe has been popular for over half a century with American children, as well as other children around the world and pop culture collectors. G.I. Joe shows no sign of losing popularity and is regarded as the greatest action figure ever produced. Keep your eye out for more innovative trends, new enemies and fearless leadership from G.I. Joe in years to come.

John Gibb is the owner of Action Figure resources, For more information on Action Figures check out http://www.Action-figures-guides1k.infoBerti Blog6630
Casie Blog9637

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Besucherza sexsearch